Re: General Problem of following ECHET

Rzepa, Henry (h.rzepa@ic.ac.uk)
Thu, 27 Jun 1996 08:45:27 +0100

>I have tried various installations of Netscape 2.x on various computers
>(Windows NT, Windows 95, MacIntosh), but the BACK button never seems to
>work the way I expect:
>e.g. Browsing the synthetic methodology forum and clicking on "graphical
>abstract" I see the graphical abstract. From there clicking the BACK
>button I invariably arrive at the URL that I have used BEFORE going to
>ECHET96!
>If instead I click on "synthetic methodology" in the top ECHET96 frame I
>have to scroll through all the pages to arrive at the article which
>Graphical Abstract I had wanted to see!

This is a problem with the way Netscape works. We did try to
anticipate this by putting (obviously not prominently enough)
the legend

Navigation:[Press mouse button down and select Back/Forward in Frame]

in the top frame, ie do NOT use the Back button itself, but use
a prolongued press of the mouse button itself. Perhaps people were
not expect to see this caption there, and so did not notice it. I think
perhaps I will make it blink? Please do let me know if the wording
I used is ambiguous, or how it can be improved so that people
can make use of this feature.

Dr Henry Rzepa, Dept. Chemistry, Imperial College, LONDON SW7 2AY;
rzepa@ic.ac.uk; Tel (44) 171 594 5774; Fax: (44) 171 594 5804.

-----
ECHET96. Conference home page: http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/ectoc/echet96/ using
Netscape, Mosaic, etc.
E-mail discussions: http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/echet96/
To unsubscribe from this list, send the message UNSUBSCRIBE ECHET96 to
listserver@ic.ac.uk