Postdoctoral position available

Leo Radom (radom@rsc.anu.edu.au)
Thu, 3 Jul 1997 18:09:45 +1000

POSTDOCTORAL POSITION: AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL UNIVERSITY

The Research School of Chemistry of the Australian National University is
currently seeking applications for a limited number of Postdoctoral
Fellowships. These are considered competitively across the range of the
School's interests. Competition is normally very strong so the successful
applicants are of a high standard. Appointments will be available from
January 1998.

I am now inviting applications to join my research group from well
qualified candidates interested in pursuing research in computational
quantum chemistry/theoretical organic chemistry. My current research
generally involves organic chemical applications of ab initio molecular
orbital theory. Topics of active current interest include gas-phase ion
chemistry, free radical chemistry, reactive intermediates, mechanistic
chemistry, strained molecules (including planar tetracoordinate carbon),
thermochemistry, and the assessment of theoretical procedures (including
variants of G2 and density functional theory).

The postdoctoral appointments are normally for up to two years, with the
possibility of extension to three years. The minimum salary for a
successful applicant holding a PhD is AUS$40,963 pa. Grants are provided
towards travel expenses.

Full details concerning the Research School of Chemistry, including the
recent research activities and publications of group leaders and the
current advertisement for Postdoctoral Fellows, may be found on the RSC
Home Page:

http://rsc.anu.edu.au./Home.html

The closing date for applications is July 31, 1997. Applicants interested
in joining my research group should send me a brief CV in the first
instance.

* Leo Radom *
* Research School of Chemistry *
* Australian National University *
* Canberra ACT 0200 *
* AUSTRALIA *
* *
* Phone: 61-6-2494258 (office) FAX: 61-6-2495995 *
* 61-6-2511977 (home) or *
* Email: radom@rsc.anu.edu.au 61-6-2490750 *