Electronic conferences

Rzepa,Henry (h.rzepa@ic.ac.uk)
Wed, 18 Jan 1995 18:13:18 +0000

It may interest you all to know that there is at least one "global" forum for
announcing Internet conferences. It is
http://www.automatrix.com/conferences/submit-url.html

Also, the WATOC discussion list will soon be available as a WWW page,
via http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/watoc/
(in the next two days or so)

Finally, I hear that at least 3 chemistry Internet conferences are planned for
1995 (not to mention 3-4 chemistry journals). I guess now is the time to
start thinking about how we would all wish to see WATOC-96. I
am sure we all relish the prospect of going to Israel, but should the conference
also have any electronic component? Perhaps a parallel "poster" forum?
I rather suspect that Internet components to international conferences will be
fairly standard by 1996, such that the "learning curve" needed by delegates
would be quite small.

Dr Henry Rzepa, Department of Chemistry, Imperial College, LONDON SW7 2AY;
rzepa@ic.ac.uk via Eudora 2.1.1, Tel (44) 171 594 5774 or 594 5809.
Fax: (44) 171 594 5804. World-Wide-Web URL:
http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa.html

-------
On-line information available via http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/watoc.html
using Mosaic or other www client.