Re: Suggestion

Rzepa,Henry (h.rzepa@ic.ac.uk)
Mon, 12 Jun 1995 19:16:31 +0000

Herbert Homeier writes;

>May I make a humble suggestion? Could the participants of e-mail
>discussions please add in the body of their e-mails the URL of the
>paper/poster they are referring to? In this way, one would have --
>without any further painstaking work on WWW scripts for the organizers
>-- a direct hyperlink to the corresponding paper/poster in each email
>contribution, when reading the hypermail archive of the discussions at
>
>http://www.ch.ic.uk/hypermail/ectoc/
>
>This would be very convenient for the readers of the contributions.

I certainly support this idea. As a practical matter, the URL can
be selected and copied from the Goto: field of the browser.
In Netscape, you have to set Show Location in the Preferences.

We did think about having a separate page of discussion for each
paper. However, we decided to keep all the discussions on a single
page to help "cross-fertilisation" and "serendipity".

On a more practical point, the one technical aspect of the conference
largely beyond our direct control is the listserver and the "hypermail"
processor; hence we have decided to leave it largely untouched

Dr Henry Rzepa, Department of Chemistry, Imperial College, LONDON SW7 2AY;
rzepa@ic.ac.uk via Eudora 2.1.2; Tel (44) 171 594 5774; Fax: (44) 171 594
5804.
World-Wide Web URL: http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa.html

ECTOC-1. Conference home page: http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/ectoc/ using
Netscape, Mosaic, etc.
E-mail discussions: http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/ectoc/
To unsubscribe from this list, send the message UNSUBSCRIBE ECTOC to
listserver@ic.ac.uk