Non-Conference Related Shops and Facilities at Imperial College
Some local services are available only for local staff and students. However,
the following list of facilities have indicated that they warmly welcome visitors
wishing to use their services.
- Mobile contact number for emergencies: 0802 935580 (Dr Rzepa will respond).
- For all conference related matters, go to the Registration Desk on Level 2 concourse, Sherfield Building. The Conference Message board is
also located here. The external number for this area is +44 171 594 9500. From an internal phone, dial 49500.
- For Photocopying, transparencies, and computer printing, go to the Docucentre, located off the level 2 walkway of the
Sherfield building (turn right onto the walkway from the registration desk, and right again about 40m along the walkway). They will accept most types of
computer file, on floppy or ZIP disk, and print on to A4, A3, A2 sizes, including laminated sheets suitable for posters etc.
- Car Parking: In central London, this is very expensive. There is a limited amount of on-site parking. The 24 hour rate
is £25. Contact +44 171 594 8976. Local parking tends to be meter only (about 4 hours maximum).
- Sports Centre (28 Prince's Gardens). Imperial College Sports centre (+44 207 594 8964; email@example.com) welcomes conference delegates. Typical
charges are £2.20 for swimming, £2.20 for a sauna, £4.50 for a game of squash etc
- Kosher Food. Please contact Prof M. Lehman (+44 171 594 8214) for details of arrangements.
- Fax Station. Room 174, Sherfield concourse (Tel +44 171 594 8908): Receive Fax messages at +44 171 584 7596. You can also ask for letters/packages
to be directed to this room, attn WATOC99. Fax messages and letters/packets can also be sent from this room for a fee.
- Simple pain killers, toothpaste, shampoo, etc are available in the College Newsagent
- On-line facilities will be provided in the Chemistry Department (Room 135)
Login in as "WATOC" on the local PC system (no password). You will have available Eudora, Telnet and Netscape. Come
equipped with your SMTP/POP DNS names ready to enter into Eudora. It is your responsibility to delete all messages after you
have read them, leaving the computer ready for the next user.
- Fleming Building Cafe: For those not having pre-booked conference lunches, you are welcome to
use the Cafe in the Fleming building (adjacent to the two smaller lecture theatres). Other restaurants
and snack bars are for use by local students and staff only.
- Portman Travel: firstname.lastname@example.org. Primarily catering for academic staff.
- STA Travel: email@example.com. Primarily catering for students.
- Waterstones bookshop. A wide range of scientific and general books.
- Imperial College Union shop T-Shirts, etc.
- NatWest bank, Imperial College branch. Foreign exchange, cashpoints etc.
- Imperial College Computer Shop. Computer peripherals, software and hardware can be purchased
- BBC Proms Music Festival.
H S Rzepa, July 29, 1999.