What NMR Can Measure.
Modern NMR spectroscopy
is frequently divided into several categories;
This lecture course is concerned entirely with the first category.
The types of information accessible via high resolution NMR
- High resolution mode on
- High power mode on highly relaxing nuclei which
exhibit very broad lines, or polymers etc.
- The study of solids using eg
Magic angle spinning techniques.
- NMR 3D imaging to resolutions of ~ 1
- Functional group analysis (chemical shifts)
connectivity and orientation (J coupling),
- Through space connectivity
- Molecular Conformations, DNA, peptide and enzyme
sequence and structure.
- Chemical dynamics (Lineshapes, relaxation
Return to Index page
Copyright (c) H. S. Rzepa and ICSTM Chemistry Department, 1994, 1995.