Apologies for interuption on the ECTOC server

Rzepa,Henry (h.rzepa@ic.ac.uk)
Wed, 21 Jun 1995 08:25:53 +0000

>From about 17.00 GMT yesterday (20 June) to 09.00 today, our server
died. We now understand it was essentially from exhaustion (I have every
sympathy with it). It is currently providing around 65,000 documents every
week, and each requires a "process" to be created. Basically, it reached
a process limit around 17.00 yesterday. Today, it was reconfigured to
accept a far larger number of processes, and hopefully this heart
transplant will make it healthy again. Apologies to anyone who
might have tried to access the ECTOC conference during this
period.

Dr Henry Rzepa, Department of Chemistry, Imperial College, LONDON SW7 2AY;
rzepa@ic.ac.uk via Eudora 2.1.2; Tel (44) 171 594 5774; Fax: (44) 171 594
5804.
World-Wide Web URL: http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa.html

ECTOC-1. Conference home page: http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/ectoc/ using
Netscape, Mosaic, etc.
E-mail discussions: http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/ectoc/
To unsubscribe from this list, send the message UNSUBSCRIBE ECTOC to
listserver@ic.ac.uk