Uptake of Chemical MIME
Visiting Scientist National Center for Biotechnology
The following url fragments in "" represent Alta Vista (http://www.altavista.digital.com/)
searches using the Advanced Query feature after the keyword
"link:" (e.g. link:www.ch.ic.ac.uk). It can report an estimate
or actual count of the number of pages pointing to a particular
link. This search was performed on March 27, 1996.
A list of some major databases serving up chemical MIME-type
data shows that they are rather saturated with outside links:
- "www.ch.ic.ac.uk" shows that there are about 4000 web
pages pointing to the Department of Chemistry, Imperial
College of Science, technology and Medicine, largely on
account of their pioneering work with delivering chemistry
over the internet and the main chemical MIME-type url.
- "www.ch.ic.ac.uk/chemical_mime.html" has about 600 pages
pointing to the test page used for a variety of chemical
- "chem.leeds.ac.uk/Project/MIME.html", A Chemical MIME
Home page with about 300 pages pointing to it.
- "www.ch.ic.ac.uk/chemime2.html" the Chemical MIME-types
standards document has 76 pages pointing to it.
- "www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov" NCBI has about 8000 referring
- "www.pdb.bnl.gov" Brookhaven has about 4000 referring
- "www.prosci.uci.edu" Protein Science has 2000 referring
If anyone knows of other uses, please inform Christopher Hogue,
Whitaker or Henry